Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Media is Crazy

In today's society, the media is everywhere. You are using a form of media to read this blog, I used media to write it. The picture you see at the left of this post, used to emphasize my point, was taken from bloggerheads.com (*media*).





The debate of whether or not media is a good or bad thing is really frustrating to look at, especially in the modern society we live in. If I was to say media is bad, that would be too hypocritical of a statement for me to make; I use torrents 75% of the time to watch films, and that is only a small portion of media in my daily life. But if I was to say it was good, that would personally be a very odd thing for me to say due to reasons I simply cannot stress enough about.




BUT


The very core of this problem seems to lie on a curious question I thought about not too long ago.





First of all, media is generally defined as: the means of communication (definition taken from dictionary.com, I used media, yay)



No matter what everyone thinks or believes, nobody can deny the fact that communication is one of THE fundamental aspects of the human mentality. So the question is:



If communication existed since humans first set foot on earth, then was there media since day one? (Obviously, the concept of media has greatly evolved over time with technology, but just think about it).





If so, then this means that media is a part of nature. It would mean that it was not man-made.




This philosophical insight is interesting, but it's scary (for me at least). In proper terms, all that is communicated is a part of nature. Industrial science just made it more complicated.








Just the thought of it drives me crazy. The media is crazy, and I'm a happy consumer. Wow.





dictionary.com definition of crazy: intensely involved or preoccupied






The media is like the Son of Sam. It is CRAZY.

No comments:

Post a Comment